Information subject to disclosure refers to objective facts included in personal data concerning the customer retained by us (electronic information processed by and stored on a computer as well as paper-based information filed in a way that makes it easily searchable).
Procedures for Disclosure, Correction and Deletion of Retained Personal Data
1. Scope of Information Disclosure
2. Applicants for Disclosure, etc.
Persons eligible to file an application with us for disclosure, correction and deletion of personal information (hereinafter, the “Applicant for disclosure, etc.”) are as follows:
1. The customer
2. Statutory agent
Person in parental authority (if the customer is a minor)
Attorney or the like (when entrusted by the customer)
4. Public agency
Only when a written application is filed which has a responsible manager’s seal affixed.
3. Disclosure Application Procedures
Disclosure application procedures are as follows:
1. As a general rule, we only accept applications which the Applicant for disclosure, etc. has prepared using the Application Form for Personal Information Disclosure prescribed by us and sent by post to us.
2. The Applicant for disclosure, etc. is required to fill in the Application Form for Personal Information Disclosure, affix his/her registered seal to it, and send it together with the following documents:
a. Seal registration certificate (which must be produced within three months after its issue date)
b. Copies of documents verifying the customer’s identity (two or more identity verification documents provided for in 4. Disclosure Procedures, etc.)
c. Self-addressed envelope
d. Fee for disclosure application (set forth in 5. Burden of Expenses Necessary for Disclosure)
4. Disclosure Procedures, etc.
The specific disclosure procedures are as follows:
1. Customer identity verification
We verify the customer’s identity using copies of at least two types of official identity verification documents such as driver’s license, passport, health insurance card, public pension book, employees’ pension book, alien registration certificate and physical disability certificate. Furthermore, we call the Applicant for disclosure, etc., where necessary, to check whether the application has really been filed.
2. Agent identity verification
a. We verify the agent’s identity in the same manner as customer identity verification. With regard to an attorney, we check his/her registration number or make inquiries to the bar association he/she belongs to, as the need arises.
b. We verify the eligibility of the agent using documents such as the family register and the letter of proxy.
3. Matters to be disclosed are as described in 1. Scope of Information Disclosure.
4. Disclosure means and methods
The relevant information is disclosed to the Applicant for disclosure, etc. using the Personal Information Disclosure Report prescribed by us. In order to deliver the Personal Information Disclosure Report directly to the Applicant for disclosure, etc. it is sent by registered post to be signed for by the addressee only. The cost of the registered post to be signed for by the addressee only will be paid by us.
5. Time required for disclosure
It generally takes about 10 days from the date we receive the Application Form for Personal Information Disclosure to the information disclosure.
5. Burden of Expenses Necessary for Disclosure
As a general rule, the Applicant for disclosure, etc. bears the expenses necessary for disclosure; he/she pays expenses related to Items 1 and 2 of “4. Disclosure Procedures, etc.” together with a disclosure application fee of 1,000 yen per case and person (consumption tax included) via a postal money order of a fixed amount or postage stamps. However, if any error due to causes attributable to us is found in the disclosed personal data, we will bear the above-mentioned expenses.
6. Cases in which Information Will Not Be Disclosed
In any of the following cases, we will not disclose any information, but will notify the Applicant for disclosure, etc. to that effect using the Personal Information Disclosure Report:
1. When we do not possess the personal data requested to be disclosed;
2. When we have already deleted the personal data requested to be disclosed;
3. When disclosure is likely to harm the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the customer or a third party;
4. When disclosure is likely to impede the proper execution of the business of ours; or
5. When disclosure would violate laws.
We will correct or delete the contents of the personal data set we have disclosed, in accordance with the following procedures:
1. Customer identity verification
The customer’s identity is verified pursuant to the provision set forth in Item 1 of “4. Disclosure Procedures, etc.”
2. Agent identity verification
The customer’s identity is verified pursuant to the provision set forth in Item 2 of “4. Disclosure Procedures, etc.”
3. Submission of an Application Form for Personal Information Correction/Deletion and Implementation of Investigation
The Applicant for disclosure, etc. is asked to submit an Application Form for Personal Information Correction/Deletion prescribed by us, based on which we will conduct an investigation into the correction or deletion to confirm whether there is any data set that needs correction or deletion.
4. Measures to be taken after completion of the investigation
If the investigation finds any data set that needs correction or deletion, it is immediately corrected or deleted.
5. Notification using Personal Information Correction/Deletion Report
After the investigation is completed, we either inform the Applicant for disclosure, etc. using the Personal Information Correction/Deletion Report that a certain data set that needed correction or deletion has been corrected or deleted, or that no data set that needs correction or deletion has been found.
6. Time required for correction or deletion
We will correct or delete the relevant data set within about 10 business days from the date of receiving the Application Form for Personal Information Correction/Deletion from the Applicant for disclosure, etc.
8. Burden of Expenses Necessary for Correction/Deletion
As a general rule, we pay the expenses necessary for correction or deletion.
9. Documents to be Submitted
10. Point of Contact for Disclosure, etc., of Personal Information Retained by Us
Only those requests for disclosure, correction, deletion, etc. that are sent by post will be accepted. Please send necessary documents to the address below.
5F, TIXTOWER UENO, 4-8-1, Higashiueno, Taito-ku, Tokyo
Human Resources & General Affairs Section, Business Management Department,
Idemitsu Fine Composites Co., Ltd.
For inquiries and consultations regarding disclosure, correction, deletion, etc. please contact or consult the following point of contact.
We will send the necessary documents by post in response to your inquiry or consultation.
1. By phone
Human Resources & General Affairs Section, Business Management Department: 03-5830-0530
Operating hours: 09:00–17:00, Monday–Friday
(Excluding Saturdays, Sundays, Holidays, year-end and New Year Holidays and the company's foundation day)
2. By e-mail