Advanced Technology Research Laboratories
About the Advanced Technology Research Laboratories
As a corporate research department, the Advanced Technology Research Laboratories promotes medium- to long-term research and development in collaboration with the Innovation Strategy & Carbon Neutral Transformation Department, Business Departments, Business Department Research Centers, and the Technology & Engineering Center.
In particular, with the aim of contributing to GHG (greenhouse gas) reduction and resource recycling in harmony with the global environment and society, we are working to develop next-generation materials to realize a robust business portfolio and innovative technologies to anticipate market needs and respond quickly to environmental changes in society.
Research Area - 01 Research Area
At the Advanced Technology Research Laboratories, we are focusing on research and development in the three fields of functional polymers, electronic materials, and environmental harmonization, as well as strengthening the fundamental technologies (analysis / computational science) that support these fields, using as technology platforms the design and synthesis of organic and inorganic materials, the design and synthesis of catalysts, composite technologies, biotechnology, and physical properties/device evaluation.
In addition, in April 2020, the "Idemitsu Kosan Joint Research Center for Creation of Next-Generation Materials” opened at the Suzukakedai Campus of the Tokyo Institute of Technology with the aim of creating new value. The Center is dedicated to the creation of next-generation materials and human resource development.
List of research fields at the Advanced Technology Research Laboratories
- 1280 Kamiizumi, Sodegaura-shi, Chiba, 299-0293, Japan
- Phone Number
List of Introduction of Idemitsu Kosan's Research
- Corporate ResearchAdvanced Technology Research Laboratories
- Technology & EngineeringTechnology & Engineering Center
- LubricantsLubricants Research Laboratory
- Advanced Materials & Performance ChemicalsPerformance Materials Laboratories
- Electronic MaterialsElectronic Materials Development Center
- BitumenBitumen Department Technology Section
- Lithium Battery MaterialBattery Material Development Center/ Technology & Engineering Development Center
- Coal & EnvironmentCoal & Environment Research Laboratory