The Group uses the personal information (Including anonymously processed information and pseudonymously processed information) provided only within the scope necessary for achieving the purposes listed below, unless the Group informs the relevant person otherwise. As for the scope of use of personal identification numbers, the Group limits this to personal identification number-related affairs stipulated under applicable laws.
- (1) Use of personal information in business activities
- Conclusion and execution of contracts between customers and the Group and other transaction management
- Liaison between customers and the Group, and notices and greetings in accordance with social convention
- Provision of information regarding the Group's products, services, campaigns, etc.
- Surveys on, analysis of, and R&D for, the Group's business
- Problem solving and quality improvement regarding the Group's products, services
- Production of statistical information and anonymously processed information, pseudonymously processed information and other processing of personal information for use by the Group
- Information exchange and liaison with people from sectors and organizations related to the Group's business
- Confirmation of audits conducted on the Group's business
- Management of, and notices to, shareholders under the Companies Act, etc.
- Other matters associated with and related to the Company's business
For details of the Group's business, please refer to the Business Outline on the Idemitsu Showa Shell website.
- (2) Use of personal information provided by job candidates and retirees
- Screening of, and decisions to hire, job candidates (from job applications to joining the company)
- Fulfilment of obligations to retirees under labor laws and liaison with them, and retiree association-related notices
However, in any of the following cases as permitted by applicable laws, the Group may use personal information for purposes other than the purposes of use stated above:
- When the use of personal information is necessary to protect the life, body, or property of an individual and when it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person;
- When the use of personal information is especially necessary to improve public health or promote the sound growth of children and when it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person;
- When the use of personal information is necessary to cooperate with a state administrative body, a local government, or a person entrusted by either of the former two in executing affairs prescribed by laws and when obtaining the consent of the person is likely to impede the execution of the affairs concerned; or
- Other cases in which personal information is used in accordance with applicable laws.
Any change in the purposes of use will be released on this site or notified through other means.